Thank you for your interest in singing with the Hymn Festival choir!
What: American Guild of Organists – Spokane Chapter Hymn Festival. 75-minute program of grand hymns with choirs and audience, accompanied by trumpet trio, handbells, and organ!
Where: Zion Lutheran Church, 8304 E. Buckeye Ave., Millwood
Public performance: Sunday, October 22 – 3:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Admission: FREE (donations always accepted)
Choir Rehearsal: Sunday, Oct. 22 – 1:30 p.m. with handbells, brass, and organ at Zion Lutheran Church. We will have scores for everybody – choral anthems, descants – at rehearsal. Let us know you are coming by signing up below!
(Numbers are keyed to the Evangelical Lutheran Worship hymnals available at Zion church.)
- Organ: Praise to the Lord – Paul Manz (1919-2009) w/trumpet solo
- 858 – Praise to the Lord, the Almighty (Lobe den Herren)
- 480 – O Bread of Life from Heaven (O Welt, ich muss dich lassen)
- 414 – Holy God We Praise Your Name (Grosser Gott)
- Choir Anthem: Come Down, O Love Divine (Down Ampney) – Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958)
- 750 – Lord, Thee I Love with All My Heart (Herzlich Lieb)
- Choir Anthem: The Lord’s My Shepherd (Brother James’ Air) – Gordon Jacob (1895-1984)
- 815 – I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light (Houston)
- 710 – Let Streams of Living Justice (Thaxted) (vs. 3, Tom Trenny accompaniment)
- Organ: Earth and All Stars – Michael Burkhardt (b. 1957)
- 731 – Earth and All Stars
- 883 – All People That on Earth Do Dwell (Old Hundredth) Vaughan Williams setting w/brass, choir, and congregation
Let us know you are coming so we can be sure to have enough scores for everybody at the October 22 rehearsal at 1:30 p.m.
(After pressing Submit, please be patient; your information is communicating through two firewalls. A confirmation message will appear above. Thank you!)
Help Us Spread the Word
Assets available for download below.
Thank you for your help!